Gold Necklace Marked 1000?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
chrismittty

Gold Necklace Marked 1000?

Post by chrismittty »

As the title says, I am looking into a purchase, they claim gold over silver, but say they can not prove it but I have tested much gold that is "high karat" that leaves a silver type reaction after a little bit. All was authentic, so I assume it is the alloy?

Anyways, I would be fine with it being gold, or gold over silver, and am thrown off by the 1000 mark...

What do you guys think?

Best I could get on the images...

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Gold Necklace Marked 1000?

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

Gold that is used in the plating process, to my knowledge, is pure gold, not alloyed at all. This may be the reason why the item is marked '1000'.

Trev.
chrismittty

Re: Gold Necklace Marked 1000?

Post by chrismittty »

dognose wrote:Hi Chris,

Gold that is used in the plating process, to my knowledge, is pure gold, not alloyed at all. This may be the reason why the item is marked '1000'.

Trev.
So you figure that it is pure 24k gold plated? Hence the 1000 mark? I would figure the necklace is marked as to the fineness, and well, it is supposedly silver too, leaving no room for a silver balance, 1000 is like you said, no alloy.. I know I have some items that are 14k over silver, but I would be shocked to see a 585 mark on something like that, hence the confusion haha

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”