Star 647 Italy? Need Help

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
chrismittty

Star 647 Italy? Need Help

Post by chrismittty »

Whole thing, 29.3 grams, 18k 750, italy. Salmon colored enamel, clearstone accent, I think diamond?

Makers Mark?

Other marks:

<750> [18k] and *647 FI? I cant make it out, and the only photo I got before It when into the bankbox was an accidental "Black" LED on my mini 60X phone microscope...I will add a better mark tomorrow.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Star 647 Italy? Need Help

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

Yes, we do have some information on 647 FI, but let's wait until tomorrow when we can be sure of the mark.

Trev.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

Thanks Trev, I guess this will suffice, but it looks C OR Gish, and it is most certainly a 647.....

The "Mark" Did it look familiar?
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

Here trev, The photo is in my "wife's" phone, so I am trying to make due with the off colored ones for now...

Here is an Invert of the color via MSPaint, and it helps show the *647 FI a little better, this thing, with the pink enamel) kind-of looks like costume, so I am curious as to whom made it, very curious.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

The registration number 647 FI was assigned to New Go Gioielli di Ceccarelli Simone & C. S.a.s of Via Palazzo Dei Diavoli 74/A, Florence. They were assigned the number in 1977.

As far as I can ascertain, they appear to still be in business, but do not appear to have a website.

If, at some time in the future, you could capture a sharp image of the marks, it would be much apppreciated.

Trev.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

dognose wrote:Hi Chris,

The registration number 647 FI was assigned to New Go Gioielli di Ceccarelli Simone & C. S.a.s of Via Palazzo Dei Diavoli 74/A, Florence. They were assigned the number in 1977.

As far as I can ascertain, they appear to still be in business, but do not appear to have a website.

If, at some time in the future, you could capture a sharp image of the marks, it would be much appreciated.

Trev.
Thank you so much AGAIN Trev! I haven't seen much like it, Do you know anything about if it is a designer or large company? You found all the above from the *647FI, correct? So the Symbol Mark,(what would you call it an XB?) is that related to the info you found at all? I don't think this is low end and If they do not have a website, what would be the best way to do further researching?
And about the markings;
Yep, of course I will post a better one up for you guys this evening:) The Three marks and the "Makers logo" as well? If you need them and they are going to be used as reference images on here I will try and make them Perfect. My hands are a tad shaky so I'm going to do it a few times until crisp and clean....
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid I know nothing further than what I've added here, see page 27 of Italian Silverware and Jewellery Manufacturers

If you google the firm's name, you will find many business contact websites that list the firm's details, if you find one that lists a fax number, then it may be worthwhile sending them an image of the piece. Hopefully you may find someone helpful at the other end.

As for the 'XB' mark, if this was on the chain, there is the possibility that it was made by another firm and bought in by New Go Gioielli. Have a wade through the other pages in the link given above, I've been adding firms logos to it, so you may find a match.

Trev.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Sorry, I forgot to add, yes, images of all of the marks would be much appreciated.

Trev.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

I'm afraid I know nothing further than what I've added here, see page 27 of Italian Silverware and Jewellery Manufacturers

If you google the firm's name, you will find many business contact websites that list the firm's details, if you find one that lists a fax number, then it may be worthwhile sending them an image of the piece. Hopefully you may find someone helpful at the other end.

As for the 'XB' mark, if this was on the chain, there is the possibility that it was made by another firm and bought in by New Go Gioielli. Have a wade through the other pages in the link given above, I've been adding firms logos to it, so you may find a match.

Trev.
The XB and the <750> [647 FI] are on opposite sides of the same spot on the beginning of the chain, as if all one marking On opposing sides of a "dot". Much thanks again Trev

Better image of *647FI The XB is about as clear as I can get it already, I will try again later, but lets get rid of that unfortunate purple and yellow mess haha..

-Chris
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

That's great, thank you. I've edited in the new image.

Trev.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

That's great, thank you. I've edited in the new image.

Trev.
Thanks again for all of your help, glad the image came to be of assistance to you.
So, What do you think the best way to contact them would be, I see no fax, email, anything..Just a phone number and a Company Name, that I can not pronounce or figure out the accepted Short Hand of..New Go G? Go Gioielli? How do you figure that that is pronounced or said?
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

Why not just send an old fashioned letter and include some images? I'm sure someone there will be able to read English.

Trev.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

Why not just send an old fashioned letter and include some images? I'm sure someone there will be able to read English.

Trev.
Good plan, I was going to either look for an email, or Give the listed number a ring..Can't hurt? I have since looked for other jewelry by this firm, I am empty handed. If you ever stumble upon something let me have a look see please :) Also, where can I ask or post general questions about gold? Such as unmarked gold and stuff?
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

So I was doing some searching and have come across the Sister Necklace to mine..Its nearly the same, just more diamonds, but close enough and has the NB mark...Called...."A Fine Diamond, Enamel and 18k Gold Necklace by La Nouvelle Bague " I found they are another jewelry maker established in Florence. So, which company made it?
Same reverse, one is black and white, mine is Salmon and Gold. Black has marking on back. NB OR ZB for the La Nouvelle Bague company.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

Apparently this is also a La Nouvelle Bague Piece too? I do not understand exactly how that works out? Is one just a retailer and the other the manufacturer? Was it made for La Nouvelle, by New Go Gio? or the other way around?

Any ideas Trev, or Anyone?
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Chris,

I can find nothing in the way of a registration for Nouvelle Bague, their founders, Lea and Leopoldo Poli, or their holding company, the DIT Group, but will keep searching.

Hopefully someone else may have some info on them.

BTW, apologies, I forgot to answer your query regarding where to post questions regarding unmarked gold etc. Use the 'General Questions' section.

Trev.
silverly

Post by silverly »

This is what the US Trademark and Patent Office site has for the trademark in your first post in this thread:

Word Mark LNB
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 014. US 027 028. G & S: JEWELLERY, PRECIOUS METALS AND STONES, CLOCKS AND WATCHES. FIRST USE: 19851000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19851000
Mark Drawing Code (5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM
Serial Number 73628012
Filing Date October 31, 1986
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition November 3, 1987
Registration Number 1474094
Registration Date January 26, 1988
Owner (REGISTRANT) LA NOUVELLE BAGUE S.R.L. LIMITED RESPONSIBILITY COMPANY ITALY 21, CORSO DEI TINTORI FLORENCE ITALY
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record LAWRENCE E. ABELMAN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date August 1, 1994
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

Thanks Trev, Silverly, I appreciate the wealth of information, I am however unsure what to fully make of it all....I too couldn't find much on NB, but my resources are extremely limited...

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”